IBI Now Hiring: Communications Lead
IBI—a non-profit business association based in Oakland, CA—is seeking candidates to lead its efforts in communicating the business value of a healthy, high-performing workforce at its Oakland, California office.
The Integrated Benefits Institute (IBI) is a not-for-profit business association that helps companies recognize the competitive advantage of helping their employees get and stay healthy. We do that by conducting research, by providing statistical reports and by creating opportunities for employers to share their own real-world experiences in managing workforce health and productivity. Since 1995, IBI has been supported by the major healthcare, insurance, pharmaceutical, consulting and disability/absence management firms. Our work now reaches 1,100 member companies that employ more than 20 million people.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 2+ years of experience in journalism or corporate communications
- Has strong writing and editing skills
- Can generate creative content to communicate IBI’s message in new and creative ways.
- Is a self-starter, able to work both independently and collegially, and capable of anticipating and capitalizing on new opportunities.
- Takes ownership of all phases of assigned projects, from inception to completion.
- Develop written materials from research publications for distribution to broad audiences.
- Write and disseminate press releases and other copy that clearly explains and generates interest in IBI’s research, analytic products, and hosted events.
- Assist in developing promotional materials about the organization, its mission and activities, and the value of membership.
- Expand IBI’s social media presence.
- Plan and manage production of email newsletters in partnership with research staff and supporting staff.
- Support implementation of member outreach plans, IBI research positioning, and marketing strategies in partnership with digital marketing manager.
- Draft posts and articles on blog, LinkedIn, trade and business health outlets.
- Collaborate with multiple departments within member companies including sales, HR, communications, and public relations.
- Support development and distribution of PR materials with PR consultant, including press releases.
- Work with digital marketing manager to use website and email analytics to assess performance of communications strategy.
- Identify collaborative messaging opportunities through relationships with communications counterparts at member companies and industry associations.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a business communications field required
- 2+ years communications experience required
- Demonstrated success at establishing and maintaining an effective social media presence with experience in various platforms including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Familiarity with website content development and digital platforms
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with acute attention to deadlines and detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team member
- Strong interpersonal skills, sense of humor, willingness to learn, tenacious work ethic and willingness to get all aspects of the job done required
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Experience with Salesforce, Adobe Creative Suite, and Qualtrics a plus
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Start Date: January 2020
Benefits: Health insurance, sick/vacation pay, retirement
# # #
How to apply:
Contact Dr. Thomas Parry at email@example.com with a letter of interest, two writing samples (including at least one blog post) and a resume.
# # #
About Integrated Benefits Institute
The Integrated Benefit Institute’s independent research, industry-leading tools and data resources help companies link health-related programs to the outcomes that maximize the contributions of people to productivity and business performance. Founded in 1995, IBI is a national nonprofit research organization and business association serving 1,100 employer and supplier members and their 22 million employees. . For additional information, please visit www.ibiweb.org and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
# # #