IBI Now Hiring: Data Analyst
IBI—a non-profit business association based in Oakland, CA—seeks a Data Analyst to support its organizational mission of demonstrating the value of investments in a healthy, high-performing workforce.
The data analyst will play a critical role in data management, reporting, and the development of online, interactive tools and dashboards for IBI’s industry-standard Benchmarking data initiative. The Benchmarking program provides organizations in the fields of healthcare, insurance, consulting, absence management and employee benefits with high-quality, impartial information for evaluating the performance of employers’ disability and leave benefits programs.
The ideal candidate is fast-learning, comfortable working independently and collaborating in small groups, can transition easily across a variety of tasks, and will embrace opportunities to develop a wide range of professional skills while making creative contributions to the mission of a small, established professional firm.
This position reports to the Director of Research and Analytics and is located in Oakland, CA. Telecommuting/remote work may be possible.
Job responsibilities include:
- Data management, processing, validation and reporting in support of the disability and leave Benchmarking program
- Development of impactful, user-friendly online reports, tools, visualizations and dashboards
- Prepare custom reports using statistical packages and Excel, reviewing findings with users
- Conduct training and demonstration webinars for organizational members
- Support for statistical modeling and analyses in response to member organizations’ inquiries
- 3-5 years providing client analytics using absence, leave, disability or Workers’ Compensation claims
- Extensive analytic experience using Excel and data management/reporting with SPSS, Stata or another statistical package
- Practical experience with data visualization applications such as Power BI or Tableau
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics or in a behavioral, health or social science with an emphasis on quantitative reasoning
- Strong writing and communication skills
Experience with the following is desirable, but not required
- Advanced database/programming applications such as Python, SQL or Hadoop.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Start Date: January 2020
Benefits: Health insurance, sick/vacation pay, retirement
# # #
How to apply:
Contact Brian Gifford at firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest and a resume.
# # #
About Integrated Benefits Institute
The Integrated Benefit Institute’s independent research, industry-leading tools and data resources help companies link health-related programs to the outcomes that maximize the contributions of people to productivity and business performance. Founded in 1995, IBI is a national nonprofit research organization and business association serving 1,100 employer and supplier members and their 22 million employees. For additional information, please visit www.ibiweb.org and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
# # #